Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Pizza comes to Mission

Here in the Mission (4th Street, Calgary), we used to have a place called CPU. It stood for Canada Pizza Unlimited. It's in a great location, sold slices & was easily accessible. Problem was...the people that ran it were the most negative folks I've met in business. More than a few times I watched them deride a customer for their choices or for ordering too much. Imagine, ordering 4 pizzas and getting a ride for that, as if it's some problem to do all that work.

The place closed up a few weeks ago and tada, I am happy to report that it's returned with new owners & will soon have a new name. I stopped by today for a slice and the slice was actually really good. The people running it are pretty nice & were very welcoming.

So if you live in the Mission, we now have a pizza place again. I haven't ordered a full pizza, just a slice, but it was much better than before. Having slices available for 3 bucks is great...it's cheap food that's gotten easily for people who are busy or just too damn lazy to cook

1 comment:

Cathie Dunklee-Donnell said...

This made me laugh!! I live in the same area of Calgary and my sons work close to that pizza store, and you are so right. Those people would yell at customers when they were busy.