Monday, October 20, 2008

Bob the Fish

Bob the Fish is a pub at the corner of 17th Ave and 4th Street SW. It's a semi frequent haunt of mine because it's close to my condo & because it has cheap wings on Wednesday.

I was in there on a Wednesday pouring back some Big Rock with a buddy and checked out their new menu. The prices..are unreal. French fries for 5.99. Onion Rings were 7.99, Poutine was 10.99 and Nachos..were 18.99.

Now even in a city with overinflated prices & high salaries, it gets a bit tough to justify paying 6 bucks for French Fries. Think about it...you and your buddy go out for Nacho's, a plate each and you're at 40 bucks...before you even drink. I would expect really high prices at places like Living Room or BLVD..but not at a sit down plain old fashioned pub.

The pub is...just a pub. Nothing special about it, tho it has a nice view of the street corner at 17th and 4th which is the heart of "go out and have fun land"..or maybe I should say the beginning of it. I can't fathom why they increased the costs so much..but needless to say, I won't be going there for food anytime soon except on cheap-o night.

No comments: