Monday, June 25, 2007

Purple Perk


I walk by this place everyday on the way to work, so on Friday I thought I'd stop in. I had thought it was a coffee shop, but not really


The Purple Perk is a sort of sandwich cafe & coffee house. It's pretty difficult to pin down exactly what it is, but it is good. They sell a variety of hand made panini's, sandwiches and salads. I had an artichoke & tuna panini & a roasted veggie & cheese panini. They're excellent & I went back on Saturday for more. They do sell coffee & their own version of a frappichino, but it's only so so, and I never thought it was worth the 4 bucks.


Inside there are about 30 seats, but the majority of people s eem to want to sit outside on the street & watch the world walk by. The staff is pretty cool & laid back, so you don't get that ooey formal feeling when you go in there. All in all, it's a good sandwich shop and 20 bucks feeds 2 people (with drinks)


Tip. Go early, or you'll find they have no food left.


The bathroom doors are kinda wierd too. They remind me of a entrance to a private investigatiors office in the movies.


2 comments:

Jason said...

I absolutelu love a good panini.. but tuna on one? hmm..

Armando E. said...

I just moved to calgary as well and since my company has no office in town and they want me working from Home, I've made this coffee shop the regional office hahaha I spend HOURS every day... U should try the meat lasagna... very good and very cheap..

cheers