Monday, August 13, 2012

Go West Young Man






Around the summer of 2010, I ventured out to Vancouver for what would soon become an almost weekly occurrence.  Having never been to Vancouver, I decided I'd drive & make my first solo trip through the Rockies. 

When you live in Western Canada, you have a whole new world of "vacation" places you can travel too.  The Yukon & NWT is a short plane trip away.  Vancouver, Seattle & Portland are less than a good day's drive.   San Fran, LA and San Deigo are a couple of hours on a plane (shorter than flying back to Toronto). 

I made the trip across the mountains for nearly 1.5 years, in all types of weather & in all 4 seasons.  If you want to experience the "Truth North Strong and Free", a trip through BC is definitely something you need to undertake.  It's a long, beautiful and very isolated drive.  In fact, the only drive more isolated is when you drive to Yellowknife NWT (take a plane unless you have LOTS of time).  

I'll skip Canmore & Banff & start as you past Lake Louise. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello to every body, it's my first pay a quick visit of this weblog; this webpage carries awesome and in fact fine stuff for visitors.

Here is my web page ... diet plan for women