Thursday, January 24, 2008

So it's been almost 1 year

I just spent the last hour re-reading what I wrote. It makes me laugh that I gave a shit about things like "how slow people drive". It makes me realize how fast my life in Ontario was...and how angry & bitter I was for a long time. Ironically, I work more out here than I do back home, but I'm more relaxed. Least I think

So 11 months have passed since I left Ontario. I guess the first question is, do I miss it? The answer...for the most part is no. Calgary is a positive place to live and pretty progressive. One thing that truly pisses me off is listening to people back home tell me how "redneck" it is out here. My answer is whatever and get over it.

Calgary isn't without it's problems...but generally it's a pretty positive city, maybe sometimes with a touch too much money. Regardless, if you want to carve out your dream here, you can. Over the past year I've learned to slow down when driving. I've learned to let people in. I've learned that when people say "hi" in the hall, you say hi back...because thats just normal behaviour. I've even learned to like the Calgary Flames & admit it's fun to pick on "Leaf Nation" doods back home. LOL, last place too.

No comments: