Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wyldwood is Gone


I noticed that Wyldwood Pub on 4th Street in Mission was dark a couple of days ago. There is as sign on the door and a ladder in the front area, so I thought perhaps they were renovating. I checked their website tonight and they're gone.

This place has been a pillar of the 4th Street corridor (Mission) for over a decade. They were a brew pub that made their own beer which they sold on site. The upstairs was a restaurant, downstairs was a sports/live music pub and pretty well known. They had some good micro beer on site and it was a decent enough atmosphere. My fondest recollection was from back in 2002 when I was living in Calgary (in Marda Loop at the time) and this chick was just headbanging away to some live band. Classic.

Sorry to see you go Wyldwood & thanks for some kick ass good times. Hopefully something new and NOT upscale will appear in that building.

PS: On a side note, the CPU pizza at 4th and 24th closed for the holidays and never reopened. There is a for lease sign on the window. I liked the guys that ran the place but the outfit could never let go of the past when it was owned by some crazy bitch that freaked on her customers. Here's hoping that it gets a new name and they spend a bit of money fixing it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there everyone, it's my first go to see at this web site, and article is really fruitful in favor of me, keep up posting such articles.


Here is my blog post ... hurtownie budowlane kraków