Saturday, March 10, 2007

I can't drive 55

Back in Southern Ontario a person caught driving less than 150 in the fast lane would face ridicule, hate mail and numerous finger gestures by other drivers.

Here in Calgary, this is not the case. It's common to have people driving 110 in the fast lane, when the speed limit is 100. I'm guessing that "Slower Traffic Keep Right" isn't the answer to a question on the drivers exam.

I always considered myself sort of a slow driver. Until I moved here. Now it appears I'm the fastest "asshole" on the highway at any given time. Sometimes I wonder if these people believe they're still driving down some remote farming road in Saskatchewan & no one is around. Dood, the fast lane = just that. fast. Get the hell out of the way for impatience assholes like myself.

But I have come up with a plan. Individuals charged for poor driving under the Alberta Traffic act should be forced to drive a truck in Toronto in Toronto. Make them pick up deliveries in Oshawa, and take the boxes downtown to Chinatown on Spadina & have them do this all day, every day for 1 month. I believe this would be an effective method to change their outlook on the meaning of impatience

No comments: