Thursday, March 29, 2007

Opa

Out here in Calgary there is a food chain called Opa. It has all the fixings of a fast food place, but it sells Greek food. For 7 bucks, you get a a stick of meat, a potato, rice, flatbread, tzaziki & greek salad. From a health standpoint, I'd imagine the food is reasonably healthy which is a plus because you can grab it to go.

Someone should look into this franchise in Ontario, specially in the Toronto area. I'm sure it would be ultra successful for people that want something different from the usual McDonalds/Subway stuff.

There are also alot of A&W's out here. A&W was very uncommon in Ontario, there was one in Uptown Waterloo, but it was closed a few years ago when they blew up the shopping centre to make way for stores geared toward rich people. I don't really eat much fast food, but I find A&W to be different. It's also expensive vs say Wendy's, but the food quality seems to be a touch higher (in the context of crap junk food).

I also notice alot of Second Cup's. I don't like Starbucks & I don't really like Second Cup, but it's a better choice than the former. There is one on Stephen Ave which is a great place to go and read FFWD, Calgary's Arts Weekly.

No comments: