Thursday, March 22, 2007

Should you move here? Part 2

Comparing Toronto & Calgary if you're deciding to move from elsewhere. I used Toronto as a base point.

Education: From a part time standpoint, Calgary has some pretty damn good educational facilities. U of C, SAIT and Mount Royal College all offer part time course. SAIT seems especially good. Both U of C and SAIT are served by the C Train (stations on campus) so they're very easy to get to. Mount Royal has a downtown campus, but the main campus is to the west of the city. The courses here are VERY expensive. To compare, the same Windows 2003 Server course I took at Conestoga College in Ontario was 200 bucks. At SAIT, it's 550 dollars. I would imagine the SAIT name carries some weight and the technology they use is very advanced.

For full time studies, I can't really comment. U of C is a very nice looking campus, and in a very good area of the city but I don't know what they specialize in.

No comments: