Friday, March 9, 2007

X 92.9- Calgary's New Rock Alternative

Most radio pisses me off in the 21st Century. I guess that's sorta wierd because I have worked in it, and spent 6 years as a programmer at CJIQ FM. Most radio doesn't give a shit about music; it's all about advertising. Small playlists, announcers that are boxed and not allowed to be themselves, yada yada yada

In Calgary, I've found X92.9. It's a small alternative rock station owned by some company from Saskatchewan. It's pretty low key, but the music is pretty progressive for mainstream radio & the announcers are people. They're allowed to have emotions & state their opinions, rather than just be these castrated voices there to tell you what you already know (the name of the song).

It's been a long long time since I've listened to an FM station that plays Alt Rock that I like. I think I found one. I hope this station stays what it is, and doesn't fall into the trap of chasing the lowest common denominator.

You can find this station at www.x929.ca They have streaming, it's low quality, but streaming is expensive and this is a new station. They're cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who told you to slow down?