Friday, April 13, 2007

The Bottle Depot

Calgary has a bottle depot system. It works like this. U buy a can of beer and pay 10 cents extra, then return it for the 10 cents. Problem is, the depots all close at 5 30 on weekends and I don't need to spend my Saturday returning bottles. The city wonders why only 78% of bottles are recycled. hmmmm.........

I drove to 10th Ave, in downtown to the bottle depot near the train tracks, pulled up and gave my bottles to the homeless doods waiting around the corner. Bottles are like gold to these brothers.

4 comments:

jackiesown said...

Hi , if you do not want to spend your weekend standing at a bottle depot , drop your bottles off, at Trail Bottle , with your name and number and we will phone you after we have counted them the following day . Thanks

Phil

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this! I have been looking for a bottle depot calgary to help me out and for more information when I move! can you tell me where I can find more information like this?

Unknown said...

Thank you for all the info! I have been looking for a bottle depot in Calgary. I have a side project that I want to get done. Thank you for all the info!

Unknown said...

I didn't know there was a bottle depot here. Some weekends I like to take bottles in so this is great to know. Thanks for the post!

Alena | http://www.vecova.ca