Monday, April 16, 2007

The Inevitable question arises

Do I miss home? The answer is not really. There are a few things I miss...

1. Microbrewery Beer. I can't find a good beer out here. Big Rock is OK, but I wanted a small, indie brewery. I'm now looking into BC to find something. Alley Kat is just OK.

2. Being on the radio. Not as much as I thought, but I still miss it. I still follow the music scene and will do something radio in the very near future (as soon as I get a house).

3. Pizza slices. It's nearly impossible to find pizza slices out here that are any good, so I give up. I no longer eat pizza. Someone, anyone, should set up a shop out here and sell slices. I wish I had 200 grand to start up a store. I went so far as to email Pizza Pizza and beg them to come out here, and I don't really like Pizza Pizza (but it appears wonderful given the options here).

4. Huether Hotel beer & wings. The Huether is the centre point of Uptown Waterloo. The owner is a bitch, but the place has THE best wings outside of the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY. AND I miss having their low cost beer. It will be the first place I go to when I go back home this summer.

5. Ethnic Food. By a stroke of good luck, I found this place in the North of the city that sells Jerk Chicken, Curried Oxtail & Curried Goat. It also sells fried plantains. Finding decent & cheap ethnic food in Calgary is a real challenge & requires one have a car.

6. OMNI TV. I used to watch a couple of TV shows on OMNI, most notably Saturday Night Cinema on OMNI. It was Chinese films, usually in Cantonese but sometimes Mandarin. That'll probably seem whacked, but they're better than the rest of what's on TV. Sadly, SHAW Cable does not offer OMNI.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pizza Pizza is Pizza 74 in the west